What is “Weatherization” and how can it help me?
Weatherization helps by upgrading a home by installing products that makes the home more energy-saving. Homes being weatherized stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. The average yearly savings is over $400* per household.
As a federally-funded program, Spectrum can give energy-saving measures to people who meet our eligibility requirements. Priorities are placed on households with seniors (60+), disabled, and children under 6.
What we can provide: 1
- Heater Replacement
- Water Heater Replacement
- Attic and Floor Insulation
- Window and Exterior Door Repair or Replacement
- Low-flow Showerheads and Faucet Aerators
- Fridge Replacement or Repair
- Range Replacement or Repair
- Energy-Saving Light Bulbs
- Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
|Size of Household||Total Combined Monthly Income||Total Combined Annual Income|
For households larger than six, please call Spectrum for more information.
* - Average household savings according to the Department of Community Service and Development. For more info go to the Department of Community Service and Development Website
1 - Call for more information. This is a partial list of services. Spectrum Community Services, Inc. does not guarantee all services to be provided.
2 - Income before taxes are deducted.
What the program offers:
Heater, water heater, and weatherization services every five years.
- Live in Alameda County.
- Provide a complete PG&E bill or other electric & gas bill.
- Provide proof of monthly income for the entire household (see table below).
- Own the residence or get approval from the owner for weatherization services.